- Author:Shirley Sagawa
- Title:The American Way to Change: How National Service and Volunteers Are Transforming America
- Size PDF version1585 kb
- Size EPUB version1865 kb
- Format:fb2, pdf, azf, odf, lit, ibooks, mobi, epub, cb7
- 1585 downloads at 32 mb/s
What if the nation were able to capitalize on the energy of Americans willing to serve and volunteer for a year or more? This inspirational book tells the stories of real people who have dedicated themselves to service and the nonprofits that engaged them. It shows how selflessness and service have transformed lives and communities, and can address similar problems throughout the country. The author profiles successes, demonstrates measurable effects, and shows how impact is made. This book describes how we can achieve change, through action at both the community and organizational level.
- Filled with illustrative examples and key lessons
- Highlights programs such as Teach for America, City Year, and Community Health Corps
- Shows how nonprofits can create successful service programs to tackle different issues
The book shows what America would look like if programs like these operated at scale across the country not just in one or two neighborhoods, but wherever they were needed.