- Author:Ian Lamont
- Title:Dropbox In 30 Minutes
- Size PDF version1390 kb
- Size EPUB version1821 kb
- Format:fb2, pdf, azf, odf, lit, ibooks, mobi, epub, cb7
What is Dropbox, and how can you get the most out it? This unofficial mini-manual will get you up to speed with Dropbox, one of the most popular storage and sharing applications available today. It's filled with step-by-step instructions and images that make it easy to learn the ins and outs of Dropbox. In 30 minutes or less, you'll build a toolbox of tips, tricks and best practices that will save you time and money.
There are sections on installing Dropbox on your computer and mobile devices, how to automatically transfer photos from your phone to your PC, and how to manage collaboration using Dropbox links and shared folders. Dropbox In 30 Minutes also includes "Dropbox: The Rogue FAQ," which answers hard questions about security, sharing, and other topics.
The full table of contents is listed below.
Chapter 1: In The Beginning — Installing Dropbox
- 1A. Dropbox requirements: It works practically anywhere!
- 1B. Installing Dropbox
- 1C. The Dropbox website
Chapter 2: Getting Down To Business — Files And Folders
- 2A. How it works
- 2B. Saving your first file
- 2C. Working with folders/groups of files
- 2D. Opening a file or folder from a second computer
Chapter 3: Going Mobile — Dropbox On Smartphones And Tablets
- Downloading files
- 3B. Uploading files
Chapter 4: Dropbox Linking And Sharing
- 4A. Limited sharing via links
- 4B. Sharing folders with other Dropbox users
Chapter 5: Dropbox — The Rogue FAQ
- How can I get free space?
- How secure is Dropbox?
- What happens when I quit Dropbox from the System Tray (Windows) or Menu Bar (Mac)?
- How do I delete Dropbox?
- Help! I accidentally deleted an important file!
- Dropbox seems to be taking a long time to sync. What gives?
- I see a folder called “Public” in my Dropbox account. What’s that about?
- What happens when the same file is opened simultaneously on more than one computer?
- Are the paid Dropbox accounts worth it?
- Why would I want to link my Facebook account to Dropbox?
- What are third-party apps, and how do they relate to Dropbox?
Dropbox In 30 Minutes is authored by Ian Lamont, an award-winning technology journalist and digital media entrepreneur. His latest ebook, Spreadsheets In 30 Minutes, was published in October 2012.