- Author:Leonard L. Richards
- Title:The California Gold Rush and the Coming of the Civil War
- Size PDF version1406 kb
- Size EPUB version1365 kb
- Format:fb2, pdf, azf, odf, lit, ibooks, mobi, epub, cb7
- 1406 downloads at 32 mb/s
- 1365 downloads at 39 mb/s
It has always been understood that the 1848 discovery of gold in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada influenced the battle over the admission of California to the Union. But now, in this revelatory study, award-winning historian Leonard L. Richards makes clear the links between the Gold Rush and many of the regional crises in the lead-up to the Civil War.